Are you confused and overwhelmed by the sheer amount of recent Disney changes?
Today you’re going to learn the Top 10 Tips to ensure you still get the Magic in your Disney vacation!
1. Book early. It’s not always possible to book way in advance because you might not know your schedule, but if you can, it will most certainly help. My clients often joke that planning a Disney Vacation can be the equivalent to planning a wedding! There are many decisions and reservations to be made in preparation for the big event.
2. Choose your dates wisely. Disney is a popular vacation destination year-round, but when holiday crowds descend on the parks the overwhelm factor will definitely increase. Your travel advisor will know what dates to avoid.
3. Plan rest days. I’ve always said, it takes hard work to have fun. Disney is no exception. There is so much to do in Disney’s theme parks that it can be easy to turn your vacation into a marathon. Put the R&R back into your trip by being purposeful with scheduling your downtime.
4. Have a plan for your meals. Disney World has food available at almost every step. It’s easy to get the idea that food will be readily available, so we don’t necessarily need to have a plan, but there are some flaws in that idea. Picky eaters, long lines limited reservations and large parks to navigate can make for a hungry and grumpy family. A little advance planning will help you to not be overwhelmed at meal time.
5. Stay on property. Disney transportation makes coming and going from the parks of breeze. It’s super convenient because you don’t have to drive in Orlando traffic, risk a car incident, or deal with the giant parking lots. Plus you get early entry to the parks! One often overlooked factor is that if some members of your party become tired or ill, then they can return back to the room where it is if you were driving in one vehicle everyone would have to leave. Try choosing a Resort that has Disney Monorail or Disney Skyliner access. These modes of transportation are even more convenient than Disney buses.
6. Book a vacation package. A vacation package allows for more flexibility and a low deposit, which means less stress. Plus, when you stay on property with a vacation package, you are a Disney’s guest from start to finish. They are responsible for every element of your vacation and the experience is seamless.
7. Make a list of your must do attractions. There are endless things to see and do at Walt Disney World! It’s impossible to do them all so set your expectations accordingly. Make a list of your priorities, feel successful when they are accomplished and everything else will be a bonus!
8. Learn the Disney app. A little bit of prep goes a long way. The Disney app has an interactive map, a list of entertainment and attractions, mobile ordering capabilities and more. Before you go you should study all these so you will know where to go and what to do. Don’t forget to check out the tip board for Genie+ if you plan to use Lightning Lanes.
9. Remember that YOU ARE THE MAGIC! Expectations for a magical day are always high! Don’t be afraid to take breaks or change plans, or heaven forbid… even skip something. Just go with the flow and keep the vibes positive. Enjoy your family time!
10. Lastly, but most importantly, retain the services of an expert travel advisor who can help you with all these and more. The best travel advisors are those that visit the parks often and can give you up-to-date advise! We have several here at Sojourney Travel, so request your vacation proposal today!
Dannielle has been a lover of travel her whole life. From family ski trips in Canada and the US, to adventurous deep sea fishing and lobstering in the Florida Keys, her love for travel never stops. Since having children of her own, she has fallen in love with the magic and wonder that Walt Disney World Resort vacations bring her family. She is always planning trips for herself, family, and friends and now is excited to help YOU plan your next Disney or Universal Vacation.
Attention to detail is her specialty, and she loves finding magical moments everywhere in her trips.
Dannielle is a blessed wife and mother to four amazing children.