Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure is a Disney World’s brand new attraction. It’s located at Epcot. At this time, to ride the attraction you will need to join a virtual queue from within the My Disney Experience app.
Keep in mind that Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure is also set to become available as a Lightening Lane option, via Individual Attraction Selection, when that system launches.
You can request to join the virtual queue at 7 AM (even prior to park entry) as long as you have a valid Epcot park pass reservation. Or, try at 1:00 PM after you've entered Epcot. (You can only enter the virtual queue once per day.) Keep in mind you probably will not be able to park hop to EPCOT and join the virtual queue as park hopping does not begin until 2PM, and the queue will most likely be full already… but you can try.
The virtual queue is great, but there is one problem. The ride is so popular that the demand outweighs the availability.
We here at Sojourney Travel want you to experience all Disney World has to offer, so we have made a list of tips to help you win one of the prized boarding groups.
- If you haven’t already, download the My Disney Experience app.
- Up to 1 hour before you can join the queue, confirm your party. You don’t have to do this right at 1 hour before you can join the queue, but give yourself a few minutes before the queue opens to confirm your party. To do that, open up the My Disney Experience App, select Virtual Queues, select Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, and then select “Confirm Your Party”. Make sure the correct people are selected (it should default to people in your group that have Epcot Park Pass Reservations). A common glitch is the app automatically selecting people without tickets (kids under 3). Make sure that your party only consists of people with Epcot Park Pass Reservations and park tickets so that you will not get an error.
- Turn off wifi and use cellular data, assuming your cellular data speed is fast.
- Prior to 7 am, make sure you are logged in.
- Have as many members of your party to attempt as possible. Everyone will need the app. If someone gets a boarding group, everyone else will get an error. That’s okay. No one should give up until someone has confirmed that they have a boarding group number.
- Within the app, navigate to the Virtual Queues tab by first clicking on the 3 lines in the bottom right corner of the app. (This gives you a bit of advantage by not using the button on the main page that everyone else uses.)
7. Then, click the “Join Virtual Queue” button. (Extra Tip: You can even practice this part at home.)
8. Now, on the next screen you will place your finger on the middle of the screen and pull down. Every time you pull down and release it will check for a group. (See the next photo.) BUT, you should just pull down at 6:59 AM and do not release until the clock changes at exactly 7:00 AM. The groups will be gone the very next second, so you want to be right on time.
9. ❗️If all goes well, on the next screen you will click join. However, you have the option to hit “Change Party” before tapping the “Join Virtual Queue” button. This is where most people mess up. Do not hesitate to click join. If you do, you will not get a boarding group. If, for some reason, someone in your party was not included, see a Cast Member at the Guest Experience Team stands (look for the blue umbrella) in Epcot or Cast Members in World Showcase’s France pavilion.
10. Hopefully your next screen will be a confirmation screen, if you are lucky! 🙂
Even with all these tips, even when you have practiced and prepared, sometimes these boarding groups tend to be elusive. You can try again at 1:00 PM. Guests who need additional help joining the virtual queue for the 1 p.m. enrollment time should seek out a Guest Relations or Guest Experience Team Cast Member at EPCOT.
If you are not able to join the virtual queue, please do not let it ruin your day. Epcot is an amazing park with non-stop fun! You will still have a fantastic day! If Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure is super important to you, we can give you even more suggestions on how to maximize your chances. Contact your travel agent today!
Already booked? We can still help! We can take over your reservation if it is within 30 days of your booking date. Just click Get a Proposal at the top of the page, or use my contact link listed below.
Dannielle has been a lover of travel her whole life. From family ski trips in Canada and the US, to adventurous deep sea fishing and lobstering in the Florida Keys, her love for travel never stops. Since having children of her own, she has fallen in love with the magic and wonder that Walt Disney World Resort vacations bring her family. She is always planning trips for herself, family, and friends and now is excited to help YOU plan your next Disney or Universal Vacation.
Attention to detail is her specialty, and she loves finding magical moments everywhere in her trips.Dannielle is a blessed wife and mother to four amazing children.