* “Between Feb. 25, 2022 – Aug. 7, 2022, the following attractions will be added to Disney Genie+ service rather than being an Individual purchase:
- Magic Kingdom Park: Space Mountain
- EPCOT: Frozen Ever After
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest
ORIGINAL BLOG POST:
For some of Disney's most highly demanded attractions they offer Lightning Lane entry as an "á la carte" purchase. This option will be available for all Guests—with or without Disney Genie+ service—and lets you choose a time to arrive at up to 2 attractions each day. These "á la carte" purchases can only be purchased in the Disney app on your park day.
Prices will vary by date, attraction and park.
Resort guests receive a perk! They can make their purchase as early as 7 am. General park guests cannot purchase until the park opens. Some attractions will sell out before the park opens.
Here is a list of the attractions that require an á la carte" purchase, and I have noted the ones that I think are the best choices. These are the ones that keep a long line most of the day and can be pretty hectic to do at park opening - a mob of people rushing to the ride… think Black Friday shopping. 😁 The others can usually be done at park opening, park closing, during a nighttime show (assuming you have seen it earlier in the trip because I don’t recommend missing them), or if you see a random low wait during the day - keep checking the app.
Magic Kingdom Park
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - good choice
- Space Mountain* (included in Genie+ through Aug. 7, 2022)
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - No standby line. Must buy Individual Lightning Lane or join virtual queue. - good choice
- Frozen Ever After* (included in Genie+ through Aug. 7, 2022)
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance - excellent choice, will sell out FAST
- Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway* (included in Genie+ through Aug. 7, 2022)
Disney's Animal Kingdom Park
- Avatar Flight of Passage - good choice
- Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain* (included in Genie+ through Aug. 7, 2022)
‼️ You will be able to select a one hour time frame. You will want to be strategic about your time selection for these because once this is made it cannot be changed. It’s like buying a movie ticket. It’s a done deal. If you miss your window, your money will be wasted.
If you happen to be park hopping, you can also purchase Individual Lightning Lanes for other parks. Just remember to make sure you select return times after 2 PM, whenever park hopping is allowed, and give yourself plenty of time to get to your second park.
To find the attraction you wish to purchase an Individual Lightning Lane for, you can either go to the “Tip Board” or simply search for the attraction and click on the Lightning Lane logo as shown below.
These selections will not impact your Genie+ selections. They can be overlapped if you think that will work for you.
If a ride goes down, your return time will be extended throughout the end of the day. If the ride closes and does not reopen, you should receive an automatic refund... although it might take a couple of days. If something else happens that prevents you from riding, consider stopping by a guest services location to see if you can get a refund. You could also try contacting guest services via email or try the in app chat feature - or contact your amazing travel agent for help. 😉
Join our Sojourney to Disney group on Facebook to keep up with all the latest happenings at Disney World!
Contact your Sojourney Travel advisor for more assistance.
Dannielle has been a lover of travel her whole life. From family ski trips in Canada and the US, to adventurous deep sea fishing and lobstering in the Florida Keys, her love for travel never stops. Since having children of her own, she has fallen in love with the magic and wonder that Walt Disney World Resort vacations bring her family. She is always planning trips for herself, family, and friends and now is excited to help YOU plan your next Disney or Universal Vacation.
Attention to detail is her specialty, and she loves finding magical moments everywhere in her trips.
Dannielle is a blessed wife and mother to four amazing children.